Nissin Di866 Flash (Nikon Mount)

on Tuesday, September 22, 2009
at 11:02 PM






To all semi-prof/professional photographers,

I'm participating in a mass order where this dude on PhotoMalaysia has talked to a dealer to purchase 10 units of the Nissin Di866 Flash Unit (for Nikon Mount only - Canon Mount is not out yet for this unit) for a lower price.

So to all Nikonians, I've heard retails prices of the unit to be RM970 to RM1100. Stupider thing is during the KLPF in August 2009, the official Nissin booth was selling it at RM1300.

What bullocks, you think my brain like this ar?






(ok, I admit I even thought that price was cheap for a GN60 power flash. =.= )


The thread on PhotoMalaysia is here if you'd like to read more about the problems facing the unit's technicalities (Seriously, all the issues I'm reading there are all super technical, like SUPER TECHNICAL and is not basic fundamental problems so I don't think it's much to demotivate a purchase). Go to the last page and send jester a private message saying you want to buy. Please ask him for the price.

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89133&highlight=nissin+di86


I'm not allowed to publicly post the price of the flash unit, so email me if you'd like to know the price he offered me. It's not THAAAAT big a discount, but it's good la if you're still considering to buy a third party flash and can wait a week or two.


Here are the details:

Guide No - Main flash 60(ISO 100, m) or 84(ISO 200, m) at 105mm lens angle coverage
- Sub flash 12(ISO 100, m) or 17(ISO 200, m) for 35mm lens angle coverage
Compatibility Nikon digital SLR cameras and Coolpix hotshoe cameras
Power Source - Battery magazine - 4 x LR6, (Lithium, NiMH and Oxiride are usable)
- Power Pack - Nissin Power Pack Pro 300 (NiMH exclusive battery cluster)
Recycling time - 3.5 sec. by Battery Magazine with 4 x NiMH
- 0.5 sec. by Nissin Power Pack Pro 300
Number of flashes - 150 full power flashes per set of NiMH batteries
- 300 full power flashes by Nissin Power Pack Pro 300
Camera Synch. - TTL hotshoe (on camera flash)
- PC cord service connector (off camera flash)
- Wireless TTL, and Slave synchronization (off camera flash)


I'm an Olympus user but I'm into strobing with off-camera lighting techniques (Click here to see the Strobist.com Flickr Group Pool to see what I mean). I actually wanted to buy the lower-end Nissin Di622 Flash because for the price of RM450-RM500, I'd get good flash power and recharge cycle time. The only problem is that it didn't have compatibility with my Phottix PT-04 wireless triggers or any other wireless trigger for that matter. So I was deeply disappointed. But then Nissin came up with the Di866 and did me proud! They finally realized the size of the market for wireless trigger users. And so now I'm really excited to purchase this unit.

Anyways, I'm going to Leo Camera in Ampang Park today (Wednesday) just to check the unit out, so if please contact me if you are a desperate buyer like me! Coz I might even buy it from that shop if they give me a reasonable cheap price (~RM950 maybe) coz I can't afford to wait for this wholesaler dude if it takes weeks.


Anyway here are more pictures of it. Feel free to ask me questions




















My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License