The final heat is on

on Monday, April 30, 2007
at 11:05 PM


YES YES I KNOW.

It's been a tough week for the mock, and now i'm down with a fever. Not to mention changing my skin a little. haha. and my url. xD





So we had a go at the Wall Climbing Challenge at the Curve, Kota Damansara on Wednesday. It was going on from the 25th till the 28th, and on the 29th of April (Sunday), the Final Heat was on.





In line with the release of Spiderman 3 the movie, this event was opened to the public for anyone who think they have the skills of spiderman, to climb the wall as fast they can. The qualifying time for 20 seconds for Men and 30 seconds for women, to win a goodie bag along with two free passes to watch Spiderman 3! And of course, the fastest 16 from each category would qualify to challenge in the final heat against each other.



And of course, I was one of them.



Nola it wasn't that fast.


On a beautiful and serene Sunday morning, i travel out to the depths of the quiet and unattended walkways of the Curve at 9am, glancing around, snapping photos. I slowly spot the groups of determined faces, my fellow challengers carrying in their hands full sets of


HARNESSES?!

CLIMBING SHOES?!

CHALKBAGS?!







Woah jo's. chill the beans lar. I came in my pyjamas and slippers man. Didn't think they'd take it so seriously. Well, the prizes were free 1-year memberships for and Spiderman 3 special screenings, so... yea okay, fine.





Something I always asked myself, but never answered. I'm always nervous before competitions, but I don't really want to win. I'd only get disappointed if I really thought I COULD win. But.


WHY SO NERVOUS NER?


When they quarantined the guys during the men's category, walao, i look at my challenger, so buff, so much bigger. Die kok la like that.

Ok ok. Calm down. Look at some chicks.











wa this atheltic abit.





Oi! I came here to compete la. Not to dream. And oh, by the time I knew it, it was my turn, the last round of the first leg.

And up we go.











Kalah juga.





Well, at least I had fun. And got more free stuff. Now i'm addicted to speed climbing. Haih. And a special thanks to Darryl, who lent me his shoes and chalkbag. And also Sam, who came to support me and teman me buy my .

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License