"Come LaaaaHH Jo0o0o,"

on Sunday, April 15, 2007
at 4:27 PM


I didn't actually register for the event. So I still had the choice of whether to sleep in on a quiet and peaceful Sunday morning, or get up on my feet, open my eyes, and go for a short jog in the morning.

My ass lah, short. Furthest you've done also 7km. Don't lie.


Tsong picked me up, and we headed to the Curve. We spotted the BHP buntings and banners in slight relief. Although so, we noticed that the area was conspicuously in silence. So we thought. hmm.



crap! we're late!



We parked at the FrickingTwoBucksParkingOnSaturdaysAndSundays Curve and started off our journey of subliminal benifiting morning excercise around the area. After a brief warm up, we picked up a brisk pace without sight of anyone behind us.


I mean. of course lah. we started half an hour late.


As we jogged downhill and uphill, bending corners, crossing roads, we noticed that we were overtaking many participants along the way.


So i asked my good mate,

"Hey Hann Tsong, why are we overtaking so many people? We must be going at a really fast pace, huh,"


Tsong replies,

"maybe because... they're all... WALKING?!!?!"


Wow. Seriously man this was like some campaign to create awareness regarding health and the importance of walking. Gosh. I think I must have overtook about a thousand people.


Eh. i'm a noob okei. My target was supposed to be last.

Or at least second last.


We spotted the 1km-left marker, and thought that everyone would start to pick up the pace till the end as a last-ditch-effort.

BUT THEY WERE ALL STILL WALKING.

I mean. They should have called this event the



In the end we finished the route, coming back to the Piazza, at an hour and fifteen or so. The finishing line was more of like a "Come and Participate in our Hari Keluarga Fun & Games!" atmosphere. From senior citizens, to youthful pupils, everyone was having fun in the beating music and havoc-causing Maggi booth. and the splashing drinks booth. and the. uhm. nevermind.


This one seriously jalan-jalan only man.


Met up with Jon, Sam and Karen at Laundry, talking about the usual rubbishes that came out of our heads.

Yes, Karen.

Karen, the Iron Babe. or. something. Everytime I talk to someone who knows her, all I hear from them is

"You know my friend Karen ar, she went for this..."

"This Karen ar, my friend lah, she went for the..."

"Oh yea, Karen participated in the..."

"Oh yea I saw Karen there also,"

"Yea she qualified for 13th place. Out of two and a half thousand."



Who thinks I should start up a royalty-demanding organization.

(visit Karen's blog)

Overall, I'll consider myself satisfied with what I did, but unsatisfied with what I could have done. So, with our hyped up jogging spirit, KLIM 2008, here we come!



I'll be back with Bali Day 2.





Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License