Starting My Career

on Wednesday, July 01, 2009
at 2:46 AM


Well, I've just completed my studies (and hopefully I graduate at the same time). So my excuse is basically that I have to live off some form of income, wouldn't you agree? No, of course our parents don't continue funding us after we finish our studies, do they. We might even have to pay rent in some form of substantial contribution returning to the household.

So, working in these few system implementation projects for a month or two gives me a window, a sneak preview to spectate the world from a different perspective than from a student's point of view. Some light, shed on the nitty gritty work ethics and deadline stress, some realization of what could interest me in launching my career development.

Maybe I also considered the need to start subsidising my brother's instalments on the myvi. But, that's a sidetrack.

I'll say it once. The good news is, I haven't started the real work. This is just a sort of vacation trainee spark test. So now that I'm not yet a 9am-9pm controlled-dunggu, be profound to say that I'm wise in taking a break while earning some side income by just doing some job work everyday.

And not diving into the 16-hr slavehouse, like how my other friends immediately did, subsequently failing two papers, and resitting for them with exam leave while still handling peak period audit field work.

Now that, my good friend, is definitely a "burning out".

And for a fact, my dad even gave me one twa liap lecture for wanting to rush my applications into the Big Four.

I think the most appropriate feedback on this planet is but one.



"Why not?"







My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License