Grocery Shopping

on Sunday, October 18, 2009
at 2:04 AM





I went shopping at Tesco tonight.

And I found something really peculiar. When finished rounding, reaching the cashier, I like to grab alot of stuff and I mean AS MANY AS I CAN GRAB with my two hands and put it on the conveyor belt. And then the tall bottles kept dropping. The milk cartons kept tumbling everywhere. I could sense the cashier give me those eyes and thinking "boi, slow down la... no earthquake yet leh"

And then my maid and I rolled the trolley back to the car in the parking lot, and when I opened the boot, she started taking one bag at a time and loading them into the trunk. As for me, I typically looped one bag's handle through a finger, and another handle through the same finger, and another one, and another one, until I was snaking my finger around the whole trolley trying to mengumpul ALL THE PLASTIC BAG HANDLE LOOPS AND MIRACULOUSLY TRASNFERRING 15 PLASTIC BAGS OF GROCERIES WEIGHING MORE THAN 30KG with three fingers, until one of the plastic bag loop handles snapped.

I was like "Jon, this has to stop. NOW." But yea as usual I was like yea whatever, that plastic bag was a lucky one.

So I went home and into the garage I parked, and started the unloading. now this was seriously... dumbfounding. I'm not being perasan or boasting or what but, I do workout at home, just to keep up with the sport of rock-climbing, and thus it involves a lot of fingers and biceps. And somehow, the first collection I unloaded (of course, performing the finger-snaking act again) had felt as heavy as the last time I went grocery shopping! (which was like in August) and well, if I really have been working out, that means these grocery unloading trips are collecting more and more bags for each go! wth! I don't even understand what I just typed!

My point is, Throughout my entire life, I have been extremely strict about making single trips for A LOT of things, I mean, for things as little as bringing up the study books and snacks and personal rubbish from downstsairs, back up into my room (I JUST HATE COMING BACK DOWN FOR ANOTHER ROUND, JUST TO get that final tiny little mini thing like my watch. or my cup of coffee.

And up till today, I still hate making second trips - I think there was one time I ACTUALLY trusted myself carrying a laptop with the screen open, the mouse on the keyboard, the external hard disk there too, my wallet, phone, keys, watch, a packet of chips all on top of them, even the charger cable, and in the other hand, a cup of soya bean and car keys. and sling bag. on the wrist. coz my backpack was on my back already. with the other rubbish, like my camera bag IN the backpack and a towel and MORE PACKET OF CHIPS, and a bottle of water, and my earphones and some books... and...

Well. my point is.

Less Trips = Less Come and Less Go.








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License