The good ol' days

on Wednesday, March 14, 2007
at 5:19 PM


Sometimes you wonder what you'd do without the help of others. The emotions behind, not to say the loneliness, but the struggle and disposition would accumulate into a tremendous down-feeling until one day you'd just wanna grab your phone, keys and wallet and run out of the house.

Sometimes you wonder, whether she would come back, whether she would still cook and clean for you if she did come back. Maybe she's found a better, more appreciating employer, perhaps decided to permanently return to her homeland.


Somehow it feels more of like a disease, that's clinging on to your life like a parasite, depleting your spirit to live a worry-free life. Practically, i've realized how tough it could get without employing a house maid, doing all the house chores while juggling your studies and cancelling out more of the leisure and partying time. On the other hand, mental resistance could reduce, while determination strength would slowly fade away as the mundane work eats up into more of the day as it accumulates by the week.



At times I would just sit around and wonder what an unacceptable behaviour i had adopted since childhood. Walking over clothes on the floor, bringing food upstairs attracting all the ants at night, not finishing my milo when i'm rushing of to class... What actually surprises me most is how they can mentally withstand such a great deal of annoyance and frustration, without causing any unnecessary hassle or showing their temper.


Thus I've finally reached a slightly better understanding as to the crucial importance of being empathetic when dealing with my maid other people. In fact, it molds the lazy limb and the wandering mind to be more adaptable and adjustable to different living conditions.

Perhaps If i had the chance, i would mark a day in everyone's calendar, captioned as "Maid's Day" to appreciate and commemorate the loyalty and persistence of a maid in discharging her duties, wherever she may be on the globe.


As at this moment, I would like to thank my maid for providing me with a healthy environment called home, where she has given comfortable and welcoming hospitality to all of us, as well as innovated her skills and developed wider experience for the better. May her journey and stay be safe and sound.

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License