It was actually COLD in the dessert

on Friday, March 14, 2008
at 3:54 PM


I finished class at 6pm and endured the rush hour back home. All 5 of us were non-stop scrambling for every possible thing we could think of packing, and finally at 11pm, the cab dude started honking.



Flew via Emirates to Dubai for a 4-hour transit. Could almost see the green mould forming on my skin throughout my stoning. Watched 2 episodes of grey's.



From Dubai, it was another 3 or so hours to Cairo (Egypt) so we more shows to watch on the plane. Or more headaches to get. Did I tell you I get headaches every single time I ride a plane. It's like. too cramped in the economy class or something. Mehhhhhh



Stepped out of the plane, temperature at the airport was decent. Exited customs into the baggage claim area, still decent. Exited the airport main entrance, ma balls shrank instantly.


FUYOOHHHHHH cold until my tits cut diamond! It is not a good idea to stand in the shade without heat from the sun with the wind blowing in your face...



Ah. the feeling of being in countries where they face the air-conditioners outwards from inside buildings. Freezing outside and hot inside. Pleasantness.



Ate some lousy set meal at TGIF. It was like chuck fun (economy rice), just a little more neat and expensive. But luckily everything was paid for.



Visited the national museum of Cairo, containing dono how many trillion monuments and statues and carvings and sarcophagus caskets and noisy tourists and. A stashed Olympus camera. They didn't allow recording equipment into the place.



7000 years of history, in 6 days. dayumn.



Frankly, I felt a little proud of humanity and its origins of intellectual development since the stone age. I was overwhelmed by the amazement I encountered along the journey through the museum sections.



Wah write too much thesis adi. heh. But finally I submitted it for a major review. so i can rest for... one day. or two.



Architecture and engineering at it's marvel. Fooh. I think i remember myself standing there just staring at the shapes and curves of the building's exterior design.



Ended the day at some Pyramids Park Intercontinental Hotel along some highway which had absolutely no shops within half a mile's radius. It was so cold in the night, my tits could cut lava.



More deco and interior in the hotel.



Fuih. dem sleepy already. (just came back from colbie caillat) So i shall make this quick. Visited the papyrus institute in the city to see how to make paper! out of a plant's stalk. dayumn.



It just looks like old handicapped easy-to-tear paper, but I assure you, it's almost like hard cloth. cloth can't tear, and hard can't break. but of course still can crumple la.



And thennnnnn we visited some super big giant humongous gigantic large oversized mosque which had moreeee coool architechture. wah non-stop snapping man.



The centre court within the walls of the mosque side entrance.



This one look like wallpaper. And the next one got tiny bit high dynamic range (hdr) photography. whatever that means.





holy OMG WTF BBQ SMS AOL MSN ICQ FACEBOOK YOUTUBE damn chutt sleepy. Will be back with some more pics. Sleep tight! don't let the bed bugs.... fight.

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License