Blog Design Contest

on Monday, April 02, 2007
at 10:15 AM



In conjunction with Metropolitan College's 20th anniversary this year, they are hosting a series of challenging events such as “Blog Writing Competition” and “Best Blog Design Contest”. Well, honestly, I don't think the prizes are attractive i.m.h.o. but maybe for the secondary school students la. So anyway.

I've visited some of the 60 blogs and growing, and to my disappointing surprise, below is the page of the currently leading blog, http://www.vrxueji.com/blog/yuik by Tan Wei Le.





Okayla I admit, it's quite signature-and-grunge-creative and it looks like he/she has put in quite an effort. But...


SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-ONE VOTES ?!?!






This one is at second place, and omg. It's plain, the colour theme is a off, and... Windows Live Spaces?! the worst part is that it stands at an unbelievable


SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX VOTES ?!?!


Come on guys. Go out a little bit. See the sun. Play some games. Life isn't about voting for your friend's blog all day.









I mean okayla if this one had been in second place, I wouldn't complain so much His borders are quite stylish, although the design is overall plain. I guess I would vote for him but since my task is of another, I shall proceed with my point.

(wah I talk like my blog very heng oni. okaylar, I know it isn't)

I believe all competitions deserve to have winners who have put in effort to pursue the prize. For me, i would judge the winner based on it's theme. A blog without a theme is like a house without cement and windows. It's empty and incomplete. So I came across this blog which had a very cute design with a theme. It surely deserves an applause from a crowd in awe.



www.blurrx.blogspot.com


The author's name is Jamie and she's from Seri Saujana school. If you wanted my honest opinion, her design has the best constructed theme among all I've seen. Well, apart from Jason's. The colour and illustrations bring together a very satisfying feeling expressing her personality. Well, of course many of us aren't familiar with her personality, but I would still support the very suitable colours she has used. I mean, imagine a Blood Red and Swampy Green colour scheme.




So as a conclusion, I urge everyone to visit jamie's blog, have a look around and judge for yourself as to her sense of BlogDesign. Then if you think she's an appropriate winner,

vote for her!






YouCanMakeADifference.

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License