TMNet helpdesk appraisal

on Tuesday, May 15, 2007
at 9:19 PM





So anyway, this morning I called the TMNet helpdesk, and well, firstly they have quite a good call waiting time. not more than 5 seconds, I'd say. So of course, got good first impression la.





Then after that as usual, she asked me for verification and to do the standard procedure.



"Okay Mr. Jon, are you in front of your PC, Mr. Jon?"

"Yes."


"Okay, Mr. Jon. now on your modem, is the DSL light stable, Mr. Jon, or is it flashing?"


"It's stable."

"Okay, Mr Jon. I need you do something for me okei, Mr Jon. Mr. Jon are you following me, Mr. Jon?

"Yes, i'm here."


"Okay, Mr Jon, i need you to unplug..."




Omg111.

Okay firstly, Mrs Nice Malay Lady,


WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL ME

MR. JON SO MANY TIMES?! YOU'RE

PROBABLY IN THE LATE 20's or 30's.

I'M ONLY 19. AND NO, I'M NOT

AVAILABLE.







So I called back after doing all the hanky-panky procedure, and this new guy answered. Well, apparently the customer would feel more comfortable speaking with the preceding operator, but I'm guessing that it's pretty impractical. Well, that'll be some perfective feedback for the helpdesk, then?





Anyway, he asked me to make the manual dialer and connect and bla bla tell him the error number, and apparently the problem was to do with my password.

So, okay. I put down the phone. I called my brother for the password, and tried again, but still

NO INTERNET.





So I called back and the Nice Malay Lady answered again, but luckily she forgot who I am, because if she didn't, I'll be cursing at her


"HELLO MAK CIK CAN YOU BLOODY

STOP CALLING ME MR. JON?!"



Geez. Anyway. So now she tells me that my password is wrong. so she advises me that she can reset it for me. And as she did, she asked me to wait for another hour for the resetting to complete. Well, of course, as a polite and understanding consumer, I acknowledge her assistance.


Oh, okay sure. Thank you.


and deep inside, I acknowledge TMNet's service.


@#!$%?^&*#%!


So anyway, after a good and satisfying one-hour wait, I rushed to the pc and hooked up the equipment attempting to acquire an internet connection, and

Yay!

I broke the good news to my dad, letting him analyze the problem for awhile, and all he could say to me is

"Yeala, they must have just refreshed our session."

"?"

He then explained to me the concept of a Dynamic IP address.





Sometimes I just wish I could catch the time-machine bus and stop at Jalan Geramnya Aku, walk over to Kedai Why Couldn't You Just Bloody Offer To Refresh My Session In The First Place and give those operators each a wedgie and a half.

But on second thought, they gave me back my connection, so i'll give them an amazing





The last star is for making my dad wake me up so early in the morning.

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License