The birds eye view

on Friday, August 31, 2007
at 10:48 PM


It's been a tradition for a group of young adventurers to climb up to the top of a vacant, unutilized building on the eves of big events, mainly for Hari Merdeka and New Year's Day.

Since some have asked me where I was on those nights to get such a good view of the fireworks at Mutiara Damansara, I finally decided to unravel the mysteries of the Abandoned Apartments.



It's located beside the Datuk Sulaiman area in Taman Tun, nearer to the Penchala Link. As you can see, the building currently stands at an approximate 14 or 15-storey height. From the picture above, The Curve would be a kilometer from the left side of the building, where the lit-up skies above Mutiara Damansara had given us the perfect experience from there.


Mutiara Damansara is now on the right side of the picture

There are many questions as to the sorts of precautions to take, legality issues and also spiritual doubts. But much has been taken into account in this matter and as to date, we are thus all still alive after our adventures.


Dyan and... the other tall guy

It's starting to get very commercialized though, that place. So i'm guessing that since so many people already know it's secrets, might as well make it the next happening place to chill out, perhaps install a disco ball, a dance hall, run a small power supply with a naan and tandoori stall.


Villa Flora accross the junction

Nevertheless there are still many uncertainties yet to be discovered about this monument, so I shall disclaim the responsibility of any loss or damage suffered in regards to this matter.

But ah, that's another long story. Let's summarize what happened up there.



The view from the 15th floor was fanstastic. It was cool, windy, peaceful, and most of all we had almost a 270-degree view, since there were almost no walls around us. We could see the whole of Taman Tun, Mutiara Damansara, 1 Utama, Damansara Utama, Perhaps Damansara Jaya, Tropicana, and also KL if we had a telescope.



Check out last year's panoramic view. [click image to enlarge]




As usual, I can never understand how nice a view they can get from down there. It's apparently blocked by alot of trees on the graveyard in front of them.

Uh oh.



So anyway, I can't say who was up there, since it was obviously dark. All I know is that Jinn called up a college mate, and the college mate then called another, and that other called another, and soon it was a cocktail party. Oh and turned out that I knew one of them. Dayumn, this world is small!

So ladies and gentleman, I'd like you to meet Ernest Khaw's long lost twin,


Johnson!

Well, that wraps it up for the Merdeka celebration. Although I still have one last post on fireworks during the finals of the mifc at Putrajaya. Will be posting it up soon.

Till then,

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License