Uniquely Singapore Part 2

on Wednesday, August 08, 2007
at 3:18 PM


While I was down in Singapore, we headed down to Rangoon Road to find one of the items I wanted to buy there. Climb-Asia is a group of professional climbers formed in 2002 anda has its premise in a small, more of like a hut, or not so badly, a double-storey terrace lot, along a row of shops. It's a rock climbing gym with an indoor caving layout. But actually they've already moved to a bigger hall, with full scale walls, boulders and caves in Tessensohn Road. So anyway, I visited the Proshop there to buy a rock climbing harness, since it's claimed by many to be cheaper.



Okay wait, lemme deviate from the trip for awhile.

Remember when we were young, we used to love those touch-screen arcades that had mini-games like Photo Hunt, Spot The Difference, etc. Well, a few days ago I came across one and boy, was I glued to it like a third grade student in art class. I didn't know a buck could give me so much joy and excitement! So I've decided to collaborate the two concepts of reading blogs and interactivity to give you not only something elaborates my trip, but also puts your imagination to the test!

So here's the first challenge. Can you spot 5 differences in the two pictures?



Wow those were obvious, weren't they? That's in the climbing gym by the way.

So let's continue then. I managed to get the harness for about RM317, where in Malaysia, it would cost about RM390 from camp5. So I've probably saved 80 bucks which, in turn, were probably used up on calls to Sam to buy a harness for him too. Damn I still can't believe I'm such a kind person.



This was taken behind the Proshop, at a backalley where they stood waiting for us to finish up inside. You know, I don't know why people have to take sepia photos. Take home and edit la. If not now you can't do anything else with it already. Looks dull. But actually it looks kind of like a book cover, doesn't it. Those philosophical kind of story books.



Anyway, let's continue with Singapore's uniqueness as I've always been mentioning. There's this area in the city called Mustafa. It's a place with very active night life, and is highly-populated with Indians.

Yes, Indians. INDIANS. omg. A whole town of them. Even KL's xxx doesn't have a density as high as this place. I mean, I don't have anything against Indians, but in Malaysia they're more scattered across the country, don't you think. But one thing is unique in the society of this small vicinity which is that the Indians are very co-operative and they will stand up for one another in any case.


Indian parents taking care of Indian children.


Indian buyers buying from Indian sellers.


Indian friends talking to Indian friends.


Indian camwhores... who'll kill me if they see this.

Ahh , too much of Indians. why don't we have some fun with another episode of


8 differences

We met up with cousin Janice to try some northern Indian food. Apparently they said the food they serve is specialty there but to me, it's just like any other banana leaf curry house in KL.



The curry tastes the same, the Tandoori is as dry as Mosin's, even the waiter speaks so loudly with a heavy Indian accent. Except that this particular waiter made it obvious that he always stretched his last word of every sentence. It kinda made him sound like Leonidas.












OKAYLAR ENOUGH ABOUT INDIANS. Anyway, while we were shopping, we found more reason to dub Singapore as a highly unique place to visit. Remember one of the previous posts on clothes sizes that go up to 7XL at the end? Well, we found another peculiar item that got our attention in a dart of an eye.



They only had one pair of those shoes displayed. It was really heavy though. like it was meant for really big and heavy people.



Man, is Singapore unique or what. Anyways that's all for now. I guess it's time for one last game of Spot The Difference!

But this time, it's not just 5 or 8 differences.. There are 20 of them.

Happy hunting! xD

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License