Scrabberbility

on Friday, September 28, 2007
at 9:26 PM


This is more of a rant than an informational and intellectual post containing interesting data. Coz I never stop wondering why I never win.



We play Scrabble every once in awhile. but dono why we suddenly so heng wanna beat our own high scores.



I've seriously proven to myself that it's actually not a game for me, coz my vocabulary sucks and I can never figure out the best alternative to get the best points. But in the end it's probably just for the shugalaga of laughing at what kinda stupid words we can claim that exist, and to use up all our tiles on our tray to get that extra 50 points.

Now for those of you who've never played scrabble before, lemme give you a brief rule of play.


I'll tell you later why it's WTF

1. A maximum of four players each draw 7 tiles out of a bag.
2. Each turn, the player has to try and get the highest possible points, using the points marked on the tiles, aided with multiplier boxes on the board.
3. Words can only be formed rightwards or downwards, and must be formed utilizing letters from other existing words placed on the board.
4. [Double Letter Score] and [Triple Letter Score] are priority to [Double Word Score] and [Triple Word Score] in counting the points for a word.
5. Who scores the highest points wins!

So let's take an example.



Let's say I can make the word above. As self-explanatory as it can be, the points are calculated by multiplying the D with [Double Letter Score] first, subsequently adding all the other letters' points, and finally multiplying the total with [Double Word Score].

So that'll be [ (2 x 2) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ] x 2 = 16.

Savvy?

So let's get back to the WTF.



Sam made this word the other day.

I guess I don't have to calculate that for you. all i can say is WTF?!

Sam did that. SAM.

As in LEE KES SAM.

Then sommore after the game he go play with my drinking glass chess set.



Seriously lor. I alreardy damn

him now.

But anyway, it's good la. Gives me a sense of COMPETITION. To beat these three retarded stooges.


jote


tsong


sam


Do you own a Scrabble set at home?

Take it out and have a go! Anda pasti akan puas.

_______________________

This smashpop thing isn't working for me. I don't know how else to make an entry become attractive. I give up. xD

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License