Under the ladder

on Tuesday, November 20, 2007
at 6:27 PM


It seemed like forever as I searched high and low for it. I glanced around for anything that could alleviate the panic in my guts, the churning stomach, the unsteady limbs. But all my hope rested in a small aerosol spray can of AmbiPur Green Tea air freshener, for RM6.90 in Guardian. I was thinking, okay this should do it, yes it might work, the trip home would only be half an hour or so. Of recurring decomposition. Damn, I was actually screwed.

Maybe it really was my sneakers. Maybe the stench in the toilet blocked out the smell coming from whatever my shoe caught from the car. Maybe it was me. Time was running out while I had some leisure at the IT section looking at the phone. My classmate called to inform me of a one-hour lunch break, and there I was, not even halfway to solving the problem. I had to look for more mitigation.

● ● ●

I quickly decided to look for a new shoe, considering my current one having at least 4 holes on different sides of the shoe. On each shoe. Especially those at my heels, which could have had my socks absorb forms of what I most feared the whole day. It was then only the image of the directory flashing beneath the cortex in my head.

Stomping toward the directory panel at the old entrance of Sunway Pyramid, there were crowds and crowds of usual families coming in for their weekend shopping. I couldn't have wanted more to be a Petrelli and fly/teleport/walk through people to get to the directory. And the best part was that I wasted another 3 minutes darting my eyes throughout the 3 giant LCD screens finding everything but what i wanted. The last choice was the concierge. 45 minutes left.

● ● ●

Leather shoes. No. Women's heels. Nope. Loafers. Nah. Sneakers. hmm. Sneakers. It turned out that The Shoe Connection has quite a variety of colour and design for the urgent-needy of canvas shoewear. My heart rate relieved to a decent 65 bpm or so after picking a couple of sneakers to try on.
This time, I was extra sure that my day would end nice and subtle when I slenderly slid my foot into the perfectly-fitting pair of sneakers. It was more than joy to even see the attractive shoe design accompanied by a complimentary metallic B.U.M key chain attached to the lace rings. It was actually satisfying.

Until I took out my wallet.

● ● ●

Labels:








My name is Jon without a H. They call me the boy who's in the wrong academic course - I'm doing ACCA. You'll figure out the rest.

I sway in and out of basketball, rock climbing, frisbee and gym-ing as sports, but I always stick to graphic design and photography. My dream is to either start and develop an advertising and design company, or design and implement a revolutionary accounting and control system for a multi-national IT company. Sounds crazy?

Watch me!

Oh, and I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan.

 



(mouse over to view)


















eXTReMe Tracker    

 
 
 
 
 
 
Creative Commons License 2007 - 2009 Jonming.com - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 1.0 Generic License